Sunday, July 31, 2011

How i wish I could hold you my love

I kiss your sleeping head, my love
On my faithful arms,arms that will take care of you;
Time and fevers burn away
But in my arms till break of day
Let the let my girl lie,
Mortal, guilty, but to me
The entirely beautiful.

Soul and body have no bounds:
Oh how I wish I could lie in,
Her tolerant enchanted slope
In thy ordinary swoon,
Grave the vision Venus sends
Of supernatural sympathy,
Universal love and hope;


Surely, confidently
On the stroke of midnight pass
Like vibrations of a bell
And fashionable madmen raise
Their pedantic boring cry:
Every farthing of the cost,
All the dreaded cards foretell.

Midnight, I reach for that which is not mine:
Let the winds of dawn that blow
Softly round your dreaming head
Such a day of welcome show
Eye and knocking heart may bless,
Find our mortal world enough;
Noons of dryness find you fed

3 comments: